- Coordinate and harmonize the approach to skill development among various Central Ministries/Departments, State Governments, Universities and Colleges, the NSDC and the private sector.
- Anchor and operationalize the NSQF to ensure that quality and standards meet sector specific requirements.
- Be the nodal agency for State Skill Development Missions;
- Evaluate existing skill development schemes with a view to assessing their efficacy and suggest corrective action to make them more effective.
- To create an awareness amongst the Government agencies connected with development work to use consultancy services on a regular basis
- To create a database of existing Consultancy Organizations and individual experts in different disciplines and to update it regularly.
- To act as a clearing house and information Centre on market intelligence and such other information that the consultants generally require.
- To identify new disciplines and areas of consultancy which would meet the future needs of the country and facilitate their development.
- To provide facilities, essential for operation of consultancy organizations, which can beyond the reach of smaller units
- To facilitate intellectual interchange and interaction at national and regional levels on policy options in the areas of promoting growth of consultancy profession.
- To encourage joint studies with international institutions in developing countries or elsewhere to improve the quality and quantity of intellectual interchange.
- To frame and implement a programme of training for Indian consultants in identified areas.
- To undertake scientific research in different disciplines covering social and applied sciences in the context of above objectives.
Nilus incorporates all the resources that empower an organization to create, disseminate, and utilize knowledge, designed at augmenting its internal and external development. The application covers all "intellectual assets" to ascertain unique sources, critical functions and potential bottlenecks that obstruct the seamless flow of knowledge. It safeguards intellectual assets from decay, enhances the decision making process, increases value and provides flexibility. Our objectives as defined as below: