MANAS, as a Special Vertical of NMDFC, has been designed on the basis of 2 decades of experience and core competencies of NMDFC, to service the need for concessional credit of the Minority communities of the country. NMDFC has a formidable network comprising of State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) and other partnering institutions which collectively provide a geographical coverage to 98.5% of the total minority population spread all over the country. It has experience in accessing the marginalised sections of the minority communities with the help of community/religious leaders and involvement of local community. Utilisation of this experience and expertise, makes MANAS a specialised institution, with core competency to access and network with six accessing of 6 notified minority communities, all over the country including the remotest corners of the country.
Since the primary focus of Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills (MANAS) is on Entrepreneurship and Skills Development Programmes (E&SDPs), list of potential beneficiaries for enrolment under E&SDP is accordingly further classified into the following categories, which are in the descending order of the priority :-
- Those who are already self-employed (organizing/managing/operating) in some trade or enterprise and are willing to upskill/upgrade their own existing skills, for better productivity and management of their enterprise.
- Those who want to switch over from their existing trades/skills to a new ones due to market imperatives.
- Those who are willing to set up their own enterprises after taking required E&SDP from MANAS, preferably in the age group of 30+ having exhausted other avenues for livelihood like employment in Government/organized sector.
- Those who have already received EDPs training from various organizations like RUDSETTIS/RSETIs, NIESBUD, DIC of Industries Deptt. of various States etc. and are willing to undertake relevant skills training, and soft loans from NMDFC, to set up their own businesses/enterprises.
- Those who are school dropout but after availing the training, are willing for self-employment failing which wage-employment.
- Others, with greater emphasis on women centric skills, for self-employment.